Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Introducing the 'Zabbix Deployment Series'

This article will serve as the jump-spot for the implementation of the Zabbix monitoring system in an environment I recently inherited via a new position.  My goal with Zabbix is to monitoring everything that I can including the approx. 40 devices in the data center location and up to 500,000+ end devices.  To take it one step at a time I will be documenting the initial implementation with the data center devices.  I will outline the contents of the series then link them as each item becomes documented.


Zabbix Homepage: http://www.zabbix.com/


Table of contents:

  • Installation of the Zabbix Monitoring System
  • General Monitoring of Linux Servers
  • Monitoring MySQL (Linux) Servers
  • Monitoring of DNS (Linux) Servers
  • Monitoring of EMC SAN
  • Monitoring of APC RackPDUs
  • Monitoring of VMware ESXi Servers
  • Monitoring of Network Devices

No comments:

Post a Comment